Breastfeeding is natural. . .but it is also a learned art. Mothers who have questions about breastfeeding often find it difficult to find up-to-date and consistent information. The first of its kind in East Tennessee, The Breastfeeding Center at Lisa Ross offers one location that meets all the needs of breastfeeding mothers.
International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLCs) and specially trained breastfeeding counselors are available by appointment to fit your busy schedule.
Lactation Consultations are private and last from 30-90 minutes. Mothers are encouraged to bring a support person to their consultation.
• Prenatal Consultation: A private appointment before your baby is born will help you understand the breastfeeding process and prepare you for successful breastfeeding. This is particularly helpful for mothers who have had previous difficulties with breastfeeding.
• Getting Started: A consult in the first week of breastfeeding includes and infant weight check and a breastfeeding evaluation. It is also an opportunity to ask questions and establish breastfeeding support.
• Special Circumstances: Consultations are available through all stages of breastfeeding. Mothers having breastfeeding challenges are thoroughly evaluated and an individual plan of care is created to help them meet their goal.
• Breastfeeding Aids: A variety of breastfeeding products are sold at the center. Mothers who come to the center are offered instruction in the use of these products avoiding unnecessary purchases or improper use.
• Returning to Work or School: A consult two weeks prior to returning to work or school will ensure proper preparation for pumping, alternative feeding methods, and scheduling – helping you to make a smooth transition.
Additional Services Include:
• Skilled, technical management of breastfeeding issues
• Diagnosis and treatment of conditions/infections of the breast
• Hands-on assistance and instruction in the proper use of breast pumps and breastfeeding aids
• Monthly group breastfeeding classes
• Individual breastfeeding instruction
• Telephone Counseling
• Peer Support
There is a fee for in-person consultations. Your consult may be covered by insurance. We accept most commercial insurance, TennCare, and Self-Pay clients. Call for more detailed information.
The Breastfeeding Center at Lisa Ross
1925 Ailor Avenue
Knoxville, TN 37921
Consults are by appointment only. For more information, you can also e-mail Sherri.
• La Leche League